Jumat, 15 April 2011

Learning from My Bule Friends...

Nowadays... I don`t know why, my life is more and more interesting.

I learn so many things since my first bule friend comes to my school.

First of all... I`ll tell you that I never...ever...have a thought to have a friend from foreign country. I mean like, a bule friend whom I met almost every single day, have a chat, hangout together, go on vacations together... Oh My God!

Never... ever...

Because I was so not confident with my ability to speak english. I know I could understand what they said, but I didn`t have any confidence to reply... I was worried that they would be not understand what I`ve said. And being stupid girl is the most...I repeat... IS THE MOST HUMILIATING situation for me. Even when I went to Bali last year, I never ever spoke to a single bule there.

So.... here he comes the bule!

At the first time I heard about a native speaker from Poland will be on our school for about 6 months, I speak to my self: "Well...first bule."

And because he will live in our school dormitory also, I never imagine how he can stand of it.

I mean... you know... bule is wellknown as a party goers, clubbing, free lifestyle...

and now he had to live in our school which is like in the middle of nowhere...

And we are a moslem school. So he had to be really careful with his attitude.

At the first time he spokes, I speak to my self: "oh dear... he speaks really fast!"

But then, I realised that I can understand him very well!! Then I began to a little bit confidence with my english.

So in the next meeting with him, I tried to open a quick conversation. About his hobby. hakakakak!

And thanks God, he understand very well what I was talking about. The quick conversation became a little bit longer conversations. Then... my confidence was risen again!

And when we went on vacation to Wisata Bahari Lamongan, I began to know that he is really crazy bule. bule gila. wekekekekekekek!!! bacause he climbs up the coconut tree there, for God`s shake!!! There`s no bule doing that crazy thing here in WBL!! Then, we had a long conversation and he tolds us about many things, including his activities and what he fond of... From him I knew that apparently, not all bule is a party goers, clubbers, smokers.... I mean, he tolds us that he prefer to sleep instead of going to the club. He even hates cigarette and agree that cigarette is HARRAM. because there`s nothing good in it. Only brought us a massive disease.

In short, we are getting closer as a friend and everytime we met, we will have a conversation. quick or long, depends on the situations. So without I realised, I began to speak english easily and even sometimes I spoke to my housekeeper in english! hakakakakak! Thankyou, Allah! You`ve made me knew this bule. And thakyou, mister! You`ve improved my english!

Some important things I`ve learn from him and his bule friends are :

1. They are so ON TIME!

if we said to them we had a meeting at 4 p.m, he will certainly be there on time or couple of minutes BEFORE the exact time. When he tolds his bule friend from Netherlands that he has experienced having a meeting which postponed for 3 hours, his friend spontaneusly said : "oh, that is insane."

intine adalah TELAT IKU EDIAN!!!!

2. They are so WELL PREPARED!

if they had to do something, they will prepare it well. I mean, REALLY PREPARE IT WELL.

my bule friend often tolds me that he cannot go hangout with his friend because he has to prepare his lessons for tomorrow or for two days ahead. Some of his bule friend also tolds us that one thing that makes they surprised is Indonesian people are often unprepared and unscheduled. Those are doesn`t makes sense to them. So, prepared well and scheduled well. I think they are suits with this quote, "FAILED TO PLAN IT`S MEANS PLAN TO FAILED."

Gagal merencanakan berarti merencanakan untuk gagal.

3. They are so thoughtful of SAVING MONEY.

They tolds me that Surabaya is wellknown as a town which has very wide economic differentiation. In other side, people has to struggle really hard to earn money for example, only for 30.000 rupiahs to buy some food. But in other side, people are easily to waste their money for instance about 300.000 rupiahs only to buy a cup of coffee.

One of this bule even dare to tried a traditional barber shop to cut his hair because he didn`t want to spend his money for about 160.000 rupiahs to have a haircut at SUTOS. At this traditional barber shop, he only spend his money for 9.000 rupiahs.

4. They are so EFFECTIVE.

They are used to do everything effectively. When they had some plans, they will arranged them affectively so they could have an optimum result.

5. They are so TOLERANT.

When they comes to Indonesia, they knew that Indonesia is the biggest moslem country in the world, so they had to careful with their attitude, they also understand that we had to pray 5 times a day, they didn`t mind with hijab/veil for moslem woman, and another things. They also respects our religion and culture very well.

well..actually theres more, but I`ve already sleepy (-.-)zzz

So I`ll telll you another time.

In short, thankyou Mister Maciek for being my first bule friend (^0^)/

Tidak ada komentar: